GLOBAL AUGMENTED REALITY MARKETMARKET ANALYSIS & SEGMENT FORECAST FROM 2021 TO 2028
By Component: Hardware, Software, By Device Type: Head Mounted Display, Heads-Up Display, Hand-Held Device, Stationary AR System, Smart Glasses, By Industry: Gaming & Entertainment, Automotive, E-commerce and Retail, Healthcare, Education, Manufacturing, Aerospace and defense, and Others, By Region: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and ME&A And Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2028
Published Date: TBD
Base Year for Estimate: 2020
Report ID: KYMGLIT07
Format: Electronic (PDF)
Number of Pages: TBD
Price: USD 5000
Market Size & Forecast (2021-2028)
Segment Analysis (2021-2028)
Market Drivers & Restraints
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
Competitive Landscape & Company Profiles
KOL Commentary (Primary Research)
Session With Analyst
The technology that superimposes an image over a user's perspective of the real world and enhances it with sound and touch is known as augmented reality (AR). It is a hybrid of the user's real-world environment with a computer-generated virtual environment. Augmented reality is a technology that will blur the barriers between reality and fiction. Augmented reality is defined as a system that combines real and virtual worlds, which allows for real-time interaction, and allows for accurate 3D registration of virtual and real items.
The sensory information that is layered on top of it can be beneficial. This experience is so well integrated with the physical world that it is viewed as a fully immersive part of the real world. Augmented reality modifies one's continuing view of a real-world environment in this way, whereas virtual reality replaces the user's real-world environment with a simulated one. Mixed reality and computer-mediated reality are two phrases that are nearly synonymous with augmented reality.
Augmented reality has spread beyond games and headgear to a variety of businesses. In general, Augmented Reality is being more widely used for tasks such as assembly, maintenance, and repair, as well as teaching, training, retail showcasing, and diagnostics.
Market Growth Factors:
- Turns Real Life into an Adventure: The most significant benefit of augmented reality is that it allows for the creation of unique digital experiences that combine the finest of both the digital and physical worlds. Furthermore, no extra hardware or software is required to enjoy the experience. To experience augmented reality, the person only needs is a smartphone and a few apps. Recent advances in augmented reality have made it feasible to have immersive experiences using web browsers.
- Augmented reality enhances customer experience: Augmented reality can be built into smartphone apps, integrated into items such as automotive, or even involve Magi Leap Googles. A large number of businesses are incorporating augmented reality into their company processes and products to improve customer experience, workplace training, product sales, and provide an engaging and immersive experience and hence, it is expected that more businesses will adopt augmented reality and capitalize on its benefits in the forecast period.
- Technology is noticeable as well as unique: There are various technologies and techniques available to help and surprise the customers. However, employing a new technology such as augmented reality has several benefits. Augmented reality enables participants to provide something distinctive and noticeable that market competitors do not. When participant applies augmented reality, participant advance business company's success. It is preferable to use augmented reality to provide a unique consumer experience and capture their attention.
Market Drivers and restraints:
- Increases Brand Awareness & Customer Engagement: In retail, augmented reality is assisting in the increase of both in-store and online sales. Some of the world's most well-known companies, such as Amazon, Ikea, Target, and Wayfair, have already used augmented reality in their product and marketing strategies. Augmented Reality can help progressive thinkers differentiate themselves from their competitors. Shoppers can make better decisions with 3D representations of products and virtual try-on for garments and other wearable products, which eliminates the need to measure and verify dimensions. They can either buy directly online or go to the store to finish their purchase once they've made their pick. This enhances the likelihood that they will be satisfied with their purchase once it arrives, reducing the frequency of returns. In retail, augmented reality has proven to be effective in converting potential leads by increasing engagement. The use of augmented reality allows the audience to engage with products.
- Augmented Reality In-car: Several current vehicles, including from BMW, Volvo, Chevrolet, Mazda, Lexus, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, and Toyota, have AR features. The first version of AR in cars mostly serves as a heads-up display (HUD), displaying data from gauges, navigation prompts, and infotainment settings. To put it another way, it's like Google Glass for your car. Automakers have begun to bring augmented reality to the world of autos via smartphone applications in addition to car-based solutions. Augmented reality owner's manuals have been prepared by companies such as BMW and Hyundai's Genesis division. The apps employ computer vision to detect components of the interior cabin or engine when placed on the owner's mobile device, overlaying important information over the car's real-world components to take the mystery out of owning a vehicle once and for all.
- Augmented Reality in the Marketing and advertisement industry: Companies use a variety of ways to determine the value of a product or service and communicate that information to customers to sell it more effectively. The complete marketer should know what they are going to provide and who their target audience is before launching a focused campaign to meet the needs of the customers and establish long-term loyalty. A digital element superimposed or added to another environment, such as print, television, or the actual world, is known as augmented reality marketing. The advertising industry is currently in flux, undergoing unprecedented change and challenge to its methodologies, economic models, and industry structures, owing mostly to the introduction of new media. Augmented Reality will become a major disruptive technology and media type for marketers, further aggravating the dilemma.
- Security and Privacy: Hacker assaults and viruses make augmented reality vulnerable to security threats and illegal access. These attacks can cause a failure of service or incorrect information to be overlaid, resulting in serious, potentially catastrophic effects. For example, a hacker may utilize an augmented reality-powered navigation system to misdirect a car and cause an accident. While businesses should be enthusiastic about the idea of employing augmented reality for a variety of applications, they should not dismiss the threats that augmented reality poses in the real world. Failure to address the technology's potential risks early on will result in substantial setbacks and issues during full-scale implementation. Augmented gadgets work by recording a real-world scene, evaluating it, and then superimposing additional visual information on top of it, or ‘augmenting' reality. As a result, data collection is an important aspect of augmented reality operation. Augmented Reality gadgets collect data on both the users and the individuals who are being watched through the devices. This may not be optimal for maintaining personal privacy, which will undoubtedly be compromised if augmented reality becomes more widely adopted.
- Defense: Using augmented reality technology, aids soldiers in enhancing their situational awareness. Tactical Augmented Reality (TAR) is the name of the technology. This device features an eyepiece that allows soldiers to precisely determine their positions on the battlefield, as well as the positions of others.
- Advertising: Ferrari, for example, allows potential automobile purchasers to sit in the virtual driver's seat of its latest models without having to visit a store. Consumers may activate augmented reality immediately from a banner advertisement without having to download an app. Through transparent windows, customers who sit in the driver's seat may see the outside view.
- Healthcare: Handheld ultrasound scanners have traditionally been used in reconstruction surgery to locate blood arteries and bones. However, augmented reality technology has the potential to replace ultrasound scanners since it can more precisely and quickly locate blood veins.
- Pharmaceuticals: Scientists can use augmented reality techniques to visualize the structure of complex compounds. Typically, drug developers use static models. The augmented reality will allow developers to take a look inside the molecule to watch how it moves and reacts to various stimuli and situations. This will cut down on mistakes and shorten the years-long medication development process.
- Logistics: At numerous levels of their operations, augmented reality will benefit the logistics industry. Those benefits include:
Warehouse operations are being optimized
Deliveries to the last mile
Value-added services have been improved
North America is expected to receive the largest revenue share as an investment in immersive technologies is expected to boost demand in the region. The automotive, industrial, logistics, and gaming industries are predicted to grow rapidly in the Asia Pacific, and the presence of low-cost hardware manufacturers in China is projected to lead the industry. South America is growing steadily as a result of collaboration and partnerships with US-based businesses. In the Middle East and Africa, AR technology has been implemented in the areas of education, travel and tourism, media and entertainment, and healthcare. To help the market grow.
The report covers the following major segments of the market:
- By Component: Hardware, Software
- By Device Type: Head Mounted Display, Heads-Up Display, Hand-Held Device, Stationary AR System, Smart Glasses
- By Industry: Gaming & Entertainment, Automotive, E-commerce and Retail, Healthcare, Education, Manufacturing, Aerospace and defense, and Others
- By Region: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and ME&A
Report Related Frequently Asked Questions?
Buy full detailed market research report to get full insights!